Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Too Much Time to Rage: a Solution


I think there is a serious issue we have to fix here.

It seems that there is always at least one player in a ranked game who "gives up" before the game even started!

"GG WE HAVE NO SUPPORT ITS OVER." And then they spend the entire game complaining about whatever it is that they chose as their excuse for sucking.

Some popular rage topics are as follows:

  • They got first blood, GG it's over!
  • Dragon is not warded, GG it's over!
  • Our jungler won't give me blue, GG it's over!
  • OMG you won't listen to me preach about what items to buy, GG it's over!
  • They picked [insert name of any champion here], GG it's over!
  • Teammates are last hitting my minions, GG it's over!
  • Teammate is using [insert summoner spell here], GG it's over!
  • I need 40 minutes of farm before I can deal any damage, but before then, GG it's over!

It seems that a lot of people absolutely HAVE to say something negative or insulting AS SOON AS THEY DIE at any point in the game, as well as throughout their entire death timer. And I feel like this is mostly due to the fact that they have nothing better to do while they are waiting to revive (checking death recap to see what type of damage dealt so they can buy the proper resistances? Unheard of!).

What I think would be a great solution to this "in-game raging" syndrome is this: give the players waiting to revive something productive to do, which also helps the team in some way. At first I thought of having a roulette mini-game just to keep the kiddies busy, but later I thought it would be cool if it would give bonus buffs to teammates who are still alive, or even gold for completing said mini-games. Imagine the possibilities, guys!

Some quick ideas I thought of to keep dead players busy:
  • Roulette system with or without prizes (such as bonus buffs for teammates, extra gold, or briefly revealing a random enemy position with a ping)
  • Clicking repeatedly on an allied teammate can give him temporary minor boost to movespeed (or any other statistic)
  • Answer trivia questions about League of Legends for bonus gold
  • Find hidden treasure on the map that only dead players can see for bonus gold, or secret items that can only be found from this treasure chest
The point is that when you're in a team game, you should behave as such: as a team! And this includes having a positive attitude throughout the game, to everyone, not just toward your IRL premade buddies. Solo que players have feelings, too! I feel like having some sort of measure to keep players helping the team is a great way to go - even while they're dead.


Anyhow. I just thought it was a good idea. If we don't include this in the mainstream game, then I certainly would love to see it in a "Fun Mode" game, similar to the Dominion Map!

Click here to view this post on the League of Legends forum



Thank you for reading my post!  Please don't forget to tell your friends about my website, Gosu League of Legends @ Blogger.com, or otherwise known as How to win League of Legends games!(http://gosuleagueoflegends.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. ahahhaha nice))
    in addition, i often use awesome command "/mute all", it helps me not to get a butthurt on my team (that always suck a lot)
    nerves and fun are the main, all other is secondary

    PS nice rework )

    ReplyDelete

Due to spam issues from anonymous commenters, our comment system now requires you to login with your OpenID. Please leave constructive feedback here.